Highlights of provincial assessment results for 2013 - 2014
- As a result of schools participating in Student Learning Assessment (SLA) pilots in Fall 2014, participation in Grade 3 PATs was optional and the participation rate was only 30%. Participating school boards have been provided their results.
- English Language Arts scores at the Grade 6 and 9 levels showed improvement at the excellence level over the previous year. English Language Arts 30-1 and 30-2 diploma exam scores in the excellence range both rose to their highest point in the last five years.
- Overall performance is virtually consistent over time for French Language Arts 3, 6, 9, and 30-1, given the relatively small number of students writing these exams.
- Similarly, results for Français 3, 6, 9, and 30-1 are consistent with those of previous years.
- Trends in Math 6, 9, 30-1 and 30-2 cannot be identified because five years of data is not available.
- Performance in Grade 6 Science fell slightly, while Grade 9 Science was consistent at the acceptable level and rose at the excellence level. Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Science diploma results rose significantly, all nearing or surpassing five-year highs.
- Social Studies results fluctuated with decreases in Grade 6, an increase in excellence in Grade 9, and relatively consistent performance in Social Studies 30-1 and 30-2.
Annual reports are provided province-wide for Diploma Examination Results for the entire school year; that is, for the November, January, April, June and August examinations combined. Additionally, these reports provide summaries of multiyear results as well as results by gender and for subgroups.
This section contains the Achievement Testing Results. Alberta Education and school authority personnel are responsible for ensuring that high-quality education is provided to all students in the province. Information about achievement is provided to schools and school authorities, parents, and the public, so that they may know how well students in their schools are meeting local targets and provincial expectations.
School and School Authority Results
This section contains a searchable database where you can get the multiyear reports for schools and jurisdictions that have had students write diploma examinations or achievement tests. You can search by school or school authority and by subject name.
Data Files (Microsoft Excel Format)
This section contains summary Excel files which contain results for diploma and achievement exams for all schools and authorities.
- Diploma Exam Results (Authority)
- Diploma Exam Results (School)
- Diploma Exam Results (Province)
- Diploma Exam Participation (Authority)
- Diploma Exam Participation (School)
- Diploma Exam Participation (Province)