Achievement Testing Results
2011-2012 Provincial Results
- Achievement Testing Program Multiyear Reports
The purpose of the Achievement Testing Program is to:
- determine if students are learning what they are expected to learn
- report to Albertans how well students have achieved provincial standards at given points in their schooling
- assist schools, jurisdictions, and the province in monitoring and improving student learning
Improve Student Learning
Careful examination and interpretation of the results can help reveal areas of relative strength and weakness in student achievement. Teachers and administrators can use this information in planning and delivering relevant and effective instruction in relation to learning outcomes in the Programs of Study.
Alberta Learning and school jurisdiction personnel are responsible for ensuring that high-quality education is provided to all students in the province.
Information about achievement is provided to
- schools and jurisdictions
- the public
so that they may know how well students in their schools are meeting local targets and provincial expectations.
Achievement tests assess only part of what is to be learned. In addition, many factors contribute to student achievement. Personnel at the school authority and school levels are in the best position to appropriately interpret, use, and communicate school authority and school results in the local context.