About Alberta Education
Alberta Education supports students, parents, teachers and administrators from Early Childhood Services (ECS) through Grade 12.
The Ministry has the following responsibilities:
- Develops curriculum and sets standards.
- Evaluates curriculum and assesses outcomes.
- Teacher development and certification.
- Supports special needs students.
- Funds and supports school boards.
- Aboriginal and francophone education.
- Oversees basic education policy and regulations.
The Minister of Education is the Honourable Jeff Johnson.
The Deputy Minister of Education is Greg Bass.
Look up the phone numbers and email addresses of department employees in the:
Working for Alberta Education
Alberta Education supports our employees in a positive, healthy and safe work environment. We value our employees and optimize their performance by offering a comprehensive compensation package, the opportunity for flexible work arrangements and a variety of learning and development opportunities.
Find out more about career opportunities with the Government of Alberta by visiting: