About Alberta Education
Alberta Education supports students, parents, teachers and administrators from Early Childhood Services (ECS) through Grade 12.
The Ministry has the following responsibilities:
- Develops curriculum and sets standards.
- Evaluates curriculum and assesses outcomes.
- Teacher development and certification.
- Supports special needs students.
- Funds and supports school boards.
- Aboriginal and francophone education.
- Oversees basic education policy and regulations.
The Minister of Education is the Honourable Gordon Dirks.
Look up the phone numbers and email addresses of department employees in the:
Working for Alberta Education
Alberta Education supports our employees in a positive, healthy and safe work environment. We value our employees and optimize their performance by offering a comprehensive compensation package, the opportunity for flexible work arrangements and a variety of learning and development opportunities.
Find out more about career opportunities with the Government of Alberta by visiting: