Handbook for International Education Administrators 2010
Section One: An Introduction
What is International Education? Why is it important? Who is involved?
- Chapter 1: An Introduction to International Education
- Chapter 2: Benefits and Trends
- Chapter 3: Leadership and Collaboration
Section Two: Building a Framework
How can districts internationalize? How do they build capacity to support internationalization? How might they integrate international education programs and activities?
- Guiding Principles for International Education Programs in Alberta School Authorities
- Chapter 4: An Internationalization Strategy
- Chapter 5: Professional Development
- Chapter 6: Cultural Considerations
- Chapter 7: Curriculum Links
- Chapter 8: Funding
- Chapter 9: Program Connections
Section Three: Introducing Programs
What programs can districts and schools offer? What benefits does each program offer? How might district staff plan and implement them?
- Guiding Principles for the Management of a Successful School Partnership Program in Alberta Schools
- Chapter 10: International School Partnerships
- Chapter 11: Student Exchange Programs
- Chapter 12: Educator Exchange Programs
- Chapter 13: International Student Programs
- Chapter 14: English as a Second Language Programs
- Chapter 15: Languages Programs
Section Four: References and Resources
What supports/resources are available to help? Where can districts go for more information?
- Chapter 16: Hosting International Visitors
- Short term visitors
- Long Term visitors
- Homestay provision
- Chapter 17: Educational Travel Abroad
- Chapter 18: Support Organizations and What They Offer
- Complete List of References and Resources by Section