Note: All links in the articles of this edition of Connection: Information for Teachers were active and accurate at the time of publication. This may no longer be the case.
Welcome to Connection, Alberta Education's online newsletter for teachers.
In this edition ...
- Curriculum and Resources: Subject-area curriculum and resource updates and professional development opportunities.
- Provincial Testing: Professional development sessions for senior high school science courses.
- Special Education: Setting the Direction for Special Education in Alberta—Update, Students with Vision Loss Initiative.
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit (FNMI) Updates: Professional development opportunities.
- Career Initiatives: Tips on how to use the province's new post-secondary application system (ApplyAlberta), videos give students a real look at occupations.
- Learning Resources Centre (LRC): Source for learning resources, Early Order Discount (EOD) Program, EOD catalogue 2010, Video Encyclopedia of Physics Demonstrations, Learning Resources Credit Allocation (LRCA) update.
- International Education: New professional development workshop—Partnering with Schools in Developing Countries.
- Other News: Professional development opportunities—high school completion.
Next edition: May 2010
Send comments, questions and technical concerns to the Connection Team.