Note: All links in the articles of this edition of Connection: Information for Teachers were active and accurate at the time of publication. This may no longer be the case.
Welcome to Connection, Alberta Education's online newsletter for teachers.
In this edition ...
- Curriculum and Resources: Curriculum redesign, subject-area curriculum and resource updates, professional development opportunities.
- Early Learning: Early Learning Orientation Webcast 2011.
- Provincial Testing: New diploma examinations for Mathematics 30-1 and 30-2; new practice for lined writing pages—diploma examinations.
- Inclusive Education: Inclusive Education Planning Tool; Minerva Deaf Research Lab conference—The Emotional Brain and Child-guided Assessment Strategies; travelling low vision clinic.
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit Services: Learning Together for Success Conference; meeting the needs of First Nations, Métis and Inuit learners; new digital resource—First Nations, Métis and Inuit Perspectives in Curriculum; professional development opportunities.
- Technology Integration: LearnAlberta.ca—Google SketchUp Pro coming, CDX Automotive courses available, support for mobile devices.
- Career Initiatives: Learning Clicks presentations (2012); New CAREERinsite assessments—abilities and multiple intelligences; RAP scholarships available.
- Other News: Alberta Mentoring Partnership—new resources; high school completion—rethinking high school and adolescent reading initiative.
Next edition: May 2012
Send comments, questions and technical concerns to the Connection Team.