Note: All links in the articles of this edition of Connection: Information for Teachers were active and accurate at the time of publication. This may no longer be the case.
Welcome to Connection, Alberta Education's online newsletter for teachers.
In this edition ...
- Curriculum and Resources: Subject-area curriculum and resource updates, initiatives and professional development opportunities.
- Provincial Testing: Changes to mathematics and science diploma examinations.
- Special Education: Setting the Direction for Special Education in Alberta–Next Steps, Students with Vision Loss Initiative.
- First Nations, Métis and Inuit (FNMI) Updates: Cree language and culture recently authorized resources, professional development opportunities.
- Career Initiatives: ApplyAlberta—a new way for students to apply to Alberta's public universities, colleges and technical institutes; new Career Guide for Youth.
- Learning Resources Centre (LRC): Source for learning resources, Early Order Discount (EOD) program, digital repository of textbooks for students with special education needs, online services, Students with Vision Loss Initiative.
- International Education: International education programs, partnering with schools in developing countries workshop.
- Other News: H1N1 communications tool kit for schools, professional development opportunities: high school completion.
Next edition: January 2010
Send comments, questions and technical concerns to the Connection Team.