New Site Features
The new Alberta Education website has many improved features:
- Usability has been enhanced with a fresh new design, architecture, navigation and branding.
- The site also has a distinct Français section to highlight French content.
- Specialized navigational features have been added to improve usability, including lateral navigation and section navigation.
- Powered by the Google Search appliance, results are quick and reliable.
- The site taxonomy is consistent throughout for the navigation menus, breadcrumb labels and page titles.
- Graphic banners have been added to strengthen branding within each section or subsite.
- Additional images will continue be added throughout to help engage the user.
- Content will also be revisited to improve the scanning and readability.
- Web style guide features have been applied to strengthen content and formatting consistency throughout the site.
- The site has been adapted from the Government of Alberta template and complies with greater accessibility standards for screen readers and mobile technologies.
- RSS news feeds have been added to enable rapid communications.
- The website has been migrated from a static HTML site to a database driven site using a robust content management system (CMS). The CMS enables greater efficiency in ensuring site maintenance and consistency.
- Using this Site has been added to the header, containing helpful tips and information.
- Website Feedback has been added to help users report broken links and provide feedback to ensure ongoing improvement.