October 2017 Highlights
Provincial results for October 2017 Accountability Pillar indicators show
- Significant improvement in Provincial Achievement Test and Diploma Examination results at the Standard of Excellence.
Reports and Summaries Available
The following Accountability Pillar reports and summaries are available:
- The complete Provincial Accountability Pillar Report in a single document.
- The overall summary presents results at a glance in a one page document.
- A summary of results for self-identified First Nations, Métis and Inuit student.
May 2017 Highlights
Provincial results for May 2017 Accountability Pillar indicators show Alberta’s K-12 education system is performing well in many areas:
- Drop out, High School Completion and Diploma Examination Participation rates showed Significant Improvement.
- Of the 45,077 students who were in grade 10 during the 2013-14 school year, 77.9 percent completed high school within 3 years, after adjusting for attrition. Compared to the previous three year average of 76.1 percent, the current result suggests that approximately 800 more students completed high school within 3 years than would have been expected had the rate remained unchanged.
- Significant Improvement in six of the seven survey measures:
- Safe and Caring
- Program of Studies
- Education Quality
- Work Preparation
- Parental Involvement
- School Improvement