October 2018 Highlights
Provincial results for October 2018 Accountability Pillar indicators show
- Significant improvement in Diploma Examination results at the Acceptable Standard and at the Standard of Excellence.
- Significant improvement in Provincial Achievement Test results at the Standard of Excellence.
Reports and Summaries Available
The following Accountability Pillar reports and summaries are available:
- The complete Provincial Accountability Pillar Report in a single document.
- The overall summary presents results at a glance in a one page document.
- A summary of results for self-identified First Nations, Métis and Inuit students.
May 2018 Highlights
Provincial results for May 2018 Accountability Pillar measures show significant improvement in Drop out, High School Completion and Diploma Examination Participation rates.
- Of the 45,207 students who were in grade 10 during the 2014-15 school year, 78.0 percent completed high school within 3 years, after adjusting for attrition. Compared to the previous three-year average of 77.0 percent, the current result suggests that approximately 430 more students completed high school within 3 years than would have been expected had the rate remained unchanged.
Results for the Safe and Caring, Citizenship and School Improvement survey measures have declined when compared to historical trends, however, remain strong overall.