Who is Surveyed
As part of the Accountability Pillar, Alberta Education surveys teachers, students and their parents. The survey data helps to gather information on the quality of education provided by school authorities and their schools.
How Respondents are Surveyed
Teachers and students complete surveys online. Parents get a survey by mail. In public, separate and francophone schools, all teachers, grade 4, 7 and 10 students and their parents are surveyed.
- Please note that in small schools (fewer than 120 students in grades 4-12) the survey includes students in grades 4 and above and their parents
- Also note that parents or guardians with more than one student in the applicable survey grades will receive a separate survey for each child. Each survey will be linked to the specific student's grade, school, and school jurisdiction.
In most charter and private schools, all teachers, students in grades 4 and above and their parents are included in the survey.
What Results are Used for
The results are provided to each school jurisdiction:
- To update their three-year education plans
- To report in their annual education results reports
- To evaluate school authority performance on Accountability Pillar survey measures