Highlights of provincial assessment results for 2014 - 2015
- Alberta high school students performed very well on diploma exams, most notably in the sciences – Chemistry, Physics and Biology.
- These three courses saw some of the highest levels of achievement at the acceptable and excellence levels over the past five years.
- Performance in other core subjects at the high school level fluctuated, mostly within five year trends.
- Across the Grade 6 and 9 Provincial Achievement Test results, students continued to perform well with achievement at both the excellence and acceptable levels.
- Grades 6 and 9 students performed very well in Science.
- While there is improvement in Grade 9 Math at the excellence level, there is a decline at the acceptable level for both Grades 6 and 9.
- The Grade 3 Student Learning Assessment remains in pilot, and will not have any public release of results during the pilot phase.
Annual reports are provided province-wide for Diploma Examination Results for the entire school year; that is, for the November, January, April, June and August examinations combined. Additionally, these reports provide summaries of multiyear results as well as results by gender and for subgroups.
This section contains the Achievement Testing Results. Alberta Education and school authority personnel are responsible for ensuring that high-quality education is provided to all students in the province. Information about achievement is provided to schools and school authorities, parents, and the public, so that they may know how well students in their schools are meeting local targets and provincial expectations.
School and School Authority Results
This section contains a searchable database where you can get the multiyear reports for schools and jurisdictions that have had students write diploma examinations or achievement tests. You can search by school or school authority and by subject name.
Data Files (Microsoft Excel Format)
This section contains summary Excel files which contain results for diploma and achievement exams for all schools and authorities.
- Diploma Exam Results (Authority)
- Diploma Exam Results (School)
- Diploma Exam Results (Province)
- Diploma Exam Participation (Authority)
- Diploma Exam Participation (School)
- Diploma Exam Participation (Province)