Overview of the Ministry of Education
Alberta Education supports students, parents, teachers and administrators from Early Childhood Services (ECS) through Grade 12.
The Minister of Education is the Honourable David Eggen.
The Ministry has the following responsibilities:
- Develops curriculum and sets standards
- Evaluates curriculum and assesses outcomes
- Teacher development and certification
- Supports special needs students
- Funds and supports school boards
- Aboriginal and francophone education
- Oversees basic education policy and regulations