About the Directory
What a Directory of Personal Information Banks (PIBs) is and what it contains.
Directory of Personal Information Banks
Each Alberta government department is required to have a directory of personal information banks (PIBs) and make it available to the public. A personal information bank lists the type of personal information held by a public body.
Type of Information in a Personal Information Bank
The public can view a personal information bank to get information about:
- The title or name of the information bank
- The location of the information bank
- What kind of personal information is contained in the information bank
- What categories of individuals the information pertains to
- Why the information was collected and how it is used or disclosed
- The legal authority for the collection of the information
A personal information bank does not provide direct access to an individual’s records.