We are pleased to provide information on programs and services available through Alberta Education that will help students, parents and teachers make the most of the upcoming school year.
School jurisdictions in Alberta have resources and supports that assist both parents and students during this time. If you have questions about a specific school, we encourage you to contact the school directly.
News and Updates
- In The Loop, Alberta Education’s newsletter, was recently updated to a new online format – helping us share information more frequently and in a more flexible manner. Check back throughout the year to stay In The Loop.
- New rules around school fees are making life better and more affordable for Albertans. The province has eased the burden on parents by passing Bill 1: An Act to Reduce School Fees. This removed the ability of school boards to charge for textbooks, workbooks, printing, photocopying and paper as well as bus fees for students living 2.4 kilometres or more from their designated school.
- Want to know more about Alberta's curriculum development work? Visit the online tool for an up-to-date look at where we are in the development process. Click here to view a summary of what students will learn in Kindergarten to Grade 4.
- My Child's Learning can help you discover what your child is learning, how they’re assessed and what resources are available to help them be successful from Kindergarten to Grade 12.
- New to Alberta Schools? Visit our Parent Tip Sheets to help answer questions you may have about Alberta's education system.
- Looking for a specific school? Visit our School Authority Index to view contact information.