International education can happen anywhere in any shape or form - abroad or right here in the community!
Here are some ideas and resources on how international education can be promoted in Alberta schools and communities:
- Forum theatre
- Panel discussion with local international organizations around student generated essential questions
- Class Discussions on intercultural competence, international engagement, global partnerships, etc.
- Live Feed (Skype) with international school partner
- International food festival
- Performances by multicultural groups
- Showing international films
- Guest speakers who highlight aspects of international education
- Events acknowledging international students in your school
- Placing exhibits or posters highlighting the importance of IEW in schools
- Informational sessions on international education and how to get involved