How to Apply for a Math Bursary:
- Download an application form. (You must save this form and access it from your desktop before attempting to submit.)
Please note: You must save the PDF application form to your computer, and use the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC application to fill in the form. This form cannot be completed using Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, or Mac's "Preview" app.
- From the list of eligible courses, identify the course you intend to complete within the 12-month deadline.
- Complete the rest of the downloaded application form and submit it online at the Math Bursary online application upload site, together with copies of all post-secondary transcripts. Applications and transcripts will only be accepted via the application upload site. Do not mail or e-mail in your application. Only electronic applications and transcripts will be accepted.
- An Alberta Education Account is required to apply for the Math Bursary. If you are a certificated teacher who has used the TWINS Teacher Registry Self-Service, you already have an Alberta Education account. Please login to your existing account. All other applicants will need to request a new Alberta Education account. To sign up for an account, follow the instructions in the Important Deadlines section below.
- Within 21 business days of submitting all required documents, you will be notified via e-mail if you have been pre-approved to receive a bursary. A notice will be emailed to you with detailed instructions on the steps to take once you have successfully completed your course. If after 30 days you fail to submit all required documents, your application will be deleted.
- Register for the course specified in your application and complete the bursary-eligible course within the 12-month timeframe.
- Within 90 days of successfully completing the course, you must complete the course confirmation process. Detailed instructions are provided to you in the email notice of pre-approval. A bursary cheque will be mailed to you within 4 weeks.
An Alberta Education Account is required to apply for the Math Bursary. If you are a certificated teacher who has used the TWINS Teacher Registry Self-Service, you already have an Alberta Education account. Please login to your existing account.
All other applicants will need to request a new Alberta Education account.
You must submit your application before the following dates:
- Summer 2017 (July-August) Deadline: July 30
- Fall 2017 (September-December) Deadline: September 30
- Winter 2018 (January-April) Deadline: January 30
- Spring 2018 (May-June) Deadline: May 30
Applications will not be accepted for completed courses. You must submit your Math Bursary application by the above noted dates. If you have already commenced a qualifying math course and would like to apply for bursary funding, your application will be considered, as long as it is submitted before the above deadlines.
Steps to requesting an Alberta Education Account:
- Visit the Math Bursary online application upload site.
- The Alberta Education Account "Sign In" page will display.
All other applicants will need to sign up for an Alberta Education account.
- If you are a certificated teacher who has used the TWINS Teacher Registry Self-Service, you already have an Alberta Education account. Please login to your existing account.
- Enter your email address.
- If you use a G-Mail or Microsoft e-mail address, follow these steps:
- Click on "Sign in with Google" or "Sign in with Microsoft".
- You will be asked to log in to your e-mail using your usual e-mail password.
- You will then be asked to give permission to Alberta Education to access your basic profile information.
- Allow Alberta Education access to your basic profile information.
- You will be automatically signed in using your Google or Microsoft credentials as verification.
- If you use another e-mail service, follow these steps:
- Click "I'm new, sign me up!".
- Click the "I'm not a robot" checkbox. Complete the challenge question (if necessary).
- Click the "Sign Up" button to complete your request for an Alberta Education account. An email will be sent to your email address for validation purposes.
- Locate the email and confirm the email address by clicking the link provided on the email. An Alberta Education Account page will display to complete your account setup.
- Enter a Screen Name of your choosing and enter a password.
- Click the Finish button - you are signed into your Alberta Education account.