All school boards receive funding based on the same criteria.
High school courses must meet the following conditions to be funded:
A regular course will be funded after a student has either:
- earned a final mark of 50 per cent or more in the course, or
- earned a final mark between 25 and 49 per cent in the course. The student must also either have attended at least 50 per cent of the classes or worked on and been assessed on at least 50 per cent of the course content.
A one-credit career technology studies course will be funded after a student has worked on and been assessed on at least 50 per cent of the course content.
School boards and schools can learn more about funding and programming requirements by:
- booking a presentation with Alberta Education for school and school board staff;
- following regular zone meeting updates from the Association of School Business Officials of Alberta;
- reviewing the Funding Manual for School Authorities; and
- reviewing the Guide to Education: ECS to Grade 12.