School authorities foster continuous improvement in their schools.
Continuous improvement is a process that begins at the school level. The Accountability Pillar ensures that school authorities take responsibility for their results. This includes addressing low or declining results.
- Supports school authorities in their improvement efforts. School authorities work with their schools to put improvement actions in place
- Provides advice to school authorities on education planning and results reporting
- Encourages improvement efforts in school authorities with low or declining results
School authorities can draw from many other sources and supports to build improvement plans.
These sources and supports include:
- College of Alberta School Superintendents (CASS)
- Alberta School Boards Association (ASBA)
- Regional consortia
- Other school authorities