Alberta Certificated Teachers
You may request a change within the registry for the educational credentials you have earned that have not previously been declared. You may also verify that the existing credential information is accurate and complete.
Have the following information available to complete the online request through the TWINS Self-Service site:
- your certificate or reference number;
- a list of completed credentials and the institutions where each credential was earned;
- the program start and end dates that led to the credential;
- language spoken at the institution;
- Attendance Type (Full Time, Part Time); and
- Program Delivery Type (e.g. On Campus, Distance Delivery).
Note: There is no fee for updating credential information.
How to Request an Education Credential Change
Requests for an Education Credential Change must be made online through Teacher Self-Service.
Prerequisite: You must have an Alberta Education Account and be enrolled for Teacher Self-Service.
Steps to requesting an Education Credential Change:
- Visit the Teacher Self-Service site and Sign In.
- Click the Request Education Credential Change option from the left menu.
- Fill in the form with any address or contact information changes.
- Review the Current Education Credentials displayed and indicate if the information is accurate and complete.
- Add any Education Credentials earned that are not on the list.
- Submit the request.
- Arrange to have official transcripts forwarded directly from the institution(s) at which the credentials were earned to the Office of the Registrar at Alberta Education, thereby providing evidence of credentials added during the request. Transcripts are required for all listed credentials if any of the credentials listed were inaccurate or incomplete. You are responsible for making the request for transcript(s) from the institution(s).